Welcome to Accreditation UK Safeguarding Training
Who is this training for?
All staff, homestay hosts and group leaders* working with UK language centres that accept students under the age of 18.
* a group leader is a teacher or language travel organiser who is accompanying a group of students to the UK
There are different versions of the training for people in different roles. Choose the one relevant to the role in which you work/will work with children:
- Language centre management
- Teacher or academic management
- Homestay host
- Activity leader or group leader employed by the language centre
- Reception, customer service or other language centre staff
- Group leader, teacher or language travel organiser accompanying students to the UK
Get started with 2 steps
Explore and enrol for a course from the Catalogue
Already registered and enrolled? Go to My coursework and start training.
Why take this training?
Over half the students travelling to the UK to learn English are children under the age of 18. All adults who work with children need know about UK legal requirements and their responsibilities for keeping children safe.
Child protection, and particularly child abuse, can be difficult to talk about. However, it's very important, for everyone who deals with children to:
- understand the basic issues
- understand the basic definitions of different types of child abuse
- be able to identify some typical signs of abuse
- know what to do if something does go wrong or they are concerned about a child
- understand the safeguarding policy and procedures of the organisation they work with.